Solar oven made of jars (tsr-découverte model)
- Take away all the labels on the jars and clean them well so that they are perfectly transparent.
- Glue the lid of the smaller jar inside the lid of the larger one with strong glue or a very strong double sided sticky tape.
- Paint half of the small jar in black. The other half should remain transparent. Wait until it's perfectly dry.
- Build a box with pieces of polystyrene (taken from a packing) to isolate half of the large jar which should just fit in it.
- Fill half of the small jar with small pieces of chocolate and banana.
- Screw well the double-lid on the small jar.
- Screw the large jar on the double-lid.
- Place le large jar in the polystyrene box.
- On a very sunny day, expose your oven with the transparent side of the jar facing the sun.
- Be patient, wait at least an hour. You will then be able to enjoy a marvellous banana-chocolate hot pudding.
>> Download the manual in French (PDF)
Warning : this proposal can be improved !